Groundbreaking
School News
Groundbreaking
Bella Weslow, Staff Reporter • June 12, 2024

On May 16th, 2024, a monumental event occurred for the students and staff of the Arlington Career Center. At 2 pm, students and teachers left...

Latinas Leading Tomorrow at ACC
Clubs & Extras
Latinas Leading Tomorrow at ACC
Lary Renderos, Guest Reporter • June 12, 2024

Let’s zoom into the bustling hive of activity that is ACC (let's throw some props to our extracurricular buffet: from frisbee to D&D, there's...

Op Ed: A Call for Accelerated Learning in APS
Op Ed
Joseph Sparks, Guest Reporter • June 12, 2024

Dear Arlington Public Schools, As I prepare to begin my education at Princeton University next fall, I often look back and consider the impact...

Op Ed: Let’s Expand Restorative Justice in Virginia
Op Ed
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter • June 12, 2024

Dear Barbara A. Favola, In one month, I will have graduated from high school and be ready for the next stage of my life. When I look back...

Acme Pie Company
Community & Beyond
Acme Pie Company

Acme Pie Co., located barely a block from the school, is one of the only pie shops within Arlington - and it’s also the best. Walking towards...

PBL Freshman Cornerstone Town Hall

It’s finally that time of the year, the Cornerstone Town Hall that everyone has been waiting for! After all the ninth graders’ hard work, students have completed researching and have done food insecurity content across all of the subject areas. 

The freshman project is called the Cornerstone PBL. It has an authentic audience and is created by the ninth graders based on their journey and experiences in their classroom. Ninth graders have completed food insecurity content across all subject areas and certain groups presented at the Cornerstone Town Hall that occurred on April 26th, 2024.

“I was hopeful that students would have a learning takeaway first and foremost where students are talking about how what they’ve learned helps them develop the presentation,” stated Dr. Thomas, the PBL Coordinator.

The town hall consisted of the panelists introducing themselves, a recap of the freshman cornerstone, the six teams presenting their slideshows, a marshmallow stick challenge, and an award ceremony at the conclusion of the event. 

This year, all of the teachers including Dr. Thomas are pleased with the results of the Cornerstone Project and how the Town Hall went. How the hydroponic plants grew and the reflection presentations all stunned the panelists with the determination throughout the whole process of the cornerstone.

“I couldn’t ask for a more perfect assembly. From the beginning to the end, everything worked out in terms of time, planning, input, and output,’ stated Dr. Thomas.

About the Contributor
Amna Abdelbagi
Amna Abdelbagi, Staff Reporter
Amna Abdelbagi is a freshman at Arlington Tech. This is her first Journalism class and has no background in writing newspapers, but she hopes to enjoy it. Amna has interest in becoming a Staff Reporter. In her free time, Amna enjoys baking, reading, hanging out with her friends, and painting. She is interested in becoming a pediatrician.