Groundbreaking
School News
Groundbreaking
Bella Weslow, Staff Reporter • June 12, 2024

On May 16th, 2024, a monumental event occurred for the students and staff of the Arlington Career Center. At 2 pm, students and teachers left...

Latinas Leading Tomorrow at ACC
Clubs & Extras
Latinas Leading Tomorrow at ACC
Lary Renderos, Guest Reporter • June 12, 2024

Let’s zoom into the bustling hive of activity that is ACC (let's throw some props to our extracurricular buffet: from frisbee to D&D, there's...

Op Ed: A Call for Accelerated Learning in APS
Op Ed
Joseph Sparks, Guest Reporter • June 12, 2024

Dear Arlington Public Schools, As I prepare to begin my education at Princeton University next fall, I often look back and consider the impact...

Op Ed: Let’s Expand Restorative Justice in Virginia
Op Ed
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter • June 12, 2024

Dear Barbara A. Favola, In one month, I will have graduated from high school and be ready for the next stage of my life. When I look back...

Acme Pie Company
Community & Beyond
Acme Pie Company

Acme Pie Co., located barely a block from the school, is one of the only pie shops within Arlington - and it’s also the best. Walking towards...

Bites on the Pike: Cinema and Draft House

The Cinema ‘N’ Drafthouse house, located just about a block from school on the corner of Walter Reed Drive and Columbia Pike, is a full style restaurant located inside of a 1930s art deco-inspired theater. There are a variety of entertainment types including live entertainment, movies, and a specific theater dedicated to comedy arts. The entire building has a very old-timey and retro feel that makes you feel like you are going back to the past. Other than there being a ton of food, the other super unique thing about this place is that there is table side service with either a bar or small side table for people to put food on. The chairs aren’t your classic theater chairs, but are still wide and comfortable. There is also an expanded dining area and lounge which are perfect for a variety of events.

The food options are pretty classic food for a typical American Restaurant. There are smaller bites of Bavarian pretzels, hummus, chips and salsa or queso, and popcorn, which comes in 2 sizes of medium or large, both with options for extra butter. There are also salad options, flatbread pizzas, a few wraps, and three sandwich options. There are also dessert options for either after other food or if you just want to have something sweet to eat while watching the entertainment. 

Though the place might not be considered a classic theater, that is what makes it unique. The food coming to your table, as well as the general vibes, and the fact that it isn’t a traditional theater, lends to a fun experience for all.

About the Contributor
Ilana Hoffer
Ilana Hoffer, Staff Reporter
Ilana is a junior at Arlington Tech, interested in expanding her writing by working on articles for the Chronicle. In her free time, Ilana enjoys being outside, playing soccer, spending time with her dog and hanging out with friends. She is interested in becoming a mechanical engineer.