Groundbreaking
School News
Groundbreaking
Bella Weslow, Staff Reporter • June 12, 2024

On May 16th, 2024, a monumental event occurred for the students and staff of the Arlington Career Center. At 2 pm, students and teachers left...

Latinas Leading Tomorrow at ACC
Clubs & Extras
Latinas Leading Tomorrow at ACC
Lary Renderos, Guest Reporter • June 12, 2024

Let’s zoom into the bustling hive of activity that is ACC (let's throw some props to our extracurricular buffet: from frisbee to D&D, there's...

Op Ed: A Call for Accelerated Learning in APS
Op Ed
Joseph Sparks, Guest Reporter • June 12, 2024

Dear Arlington Public Schools, As I prepare to begin my education at Princeton University next fall, I often look back and consider the impact...

Op Ed: Let’s Expand Restorative Justice in Virginia
Op Ed
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter • June 12, 2024

Dear Barbara A. Favola, In one month, I will have graduated from high school and be ready for the next stage of my life. When I look back...

Acme Pie Company
Community & Beyond
Acme Pie Company

Acme Pie Co., located barely a block from the school, is one of the only pie shops within Arlington - and it’s also the best. Walking towards...

Acme Pie Company

Acme Pie Co., located barely a block from the school, is one of the only pie shops within Arlington – and it’s also the best. Walking towards the shop, nothing seems out of the ordinary: it’s a simple little shop with a nonchalant kind of sign; however, before you even enter, you’re met with a bright white sign that covers almost the entire window that reads in bold “ACME PIE COMPANY.” Before your eyes have fully processed the store, the aroma of freshly baked pies and a syrupy fragrance hit your nose with a powerful punch. Passing a row of pinball machines—one of the largest benefits of going besides getting pie—there’s a display case that has all of their current flavors, both savory and sweet, of which they normally have around 12-15. My current favorite (they’re all delicious, though) is a mixed berry pie. Their list is always changing with the season, so make sure to check back in case they aren’t currently serving your favorite pie. 

While I love the shop, it’s not all perfect. The largest drawback is that it opens at 3 pm on Wednesday to Friday and is closed on Monday and Tuesday, which means it often doesn’t fit my schedule. However, to make up for this, it’s open 9-9 on Saturday and 9-7 on Sunday, which gives plenty of time on the weekends to go. 

Acme Pie Co. doesn’t just serve pies, they also serve ice cream, hot and cold drinks, as well as pie milkshakes. While I personally haven’t had the opportunity to taste their pie milkshakes, I’ve heard great things and am excited to get the chance to try them. 

About the Contributor
Zack Dabrowski
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter
Zack is a senior at The Arlington Career Center who is earning a general education associates degree at NOVA. He’s interested in pursuing a degree in anthropology and political science. He is currently a representative on the Student Advisory Board and a member of the Senior Committee. He is also currently interning at the Center for Youth and Family Advocacy.