Groundbreaking
School News
Groundbreaking
Bella Weslow, Staff Reporter • June 12, 2024

On May 16th, 2024, a monumental event occurred for the students and staff of the Arlington Career Center. At 2 pm, students and teachers left...

Latinas Leading Tomorrow at ACC
Clubs & Extras
Latinas Leading Tomorrow at ACC
Lary Renderos, Guest Reporter • June 12, 2024

Let’s zoom into the bustling hive of activity that is ACC (let's throw some props to our extracurricular buffet: from frisbee to D&D, there's...

Op Ed: A Call for Accelerated Learning in APS
Op Ed
Joseph Sparks, Guest Reporter • June 12, 2024

Dear Arlington Public Schools, As I prepare to begin my education at Princeton University next fall, I often look back and consider the impact...

Op Ed: Let’s Expand Restorative Justice in Virginia
Op Ed
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter • June 12, 2024

Dear Barbara A. Favola, In one month, I will have graduated from high school and be ready for the next stage of my life. When I look back...

Acme Pie Company
Community & Beyond
Acme Pie Company

Acme Pie Co., located barely a block from the school, is one of the only pie shops within Arlington - and it’s also the best. Walking towards...

Jewish Student Association

JSA members showcase challah making.

One of the two religion-based clubs in ACC, Jewish Student Association caters to the Jewish students of ACC that allows a space of expression and recognition to another important group of the school. 

The student led club consists of members of Jewish faith or heritage. Their leader, Anna Lapidus, is a senior at ACC who was one of the first members to create and maintain the club. Meetings consist of open conversations on the vastly diverse facets of Judaism, intertwining on culture and identity. Members and anyone who wants to join in on discussions can find themselves exploring aspects of Judaism such as holidays, foods, identities, history, and more to their heritage that is often overlooked.

Senior Amelie Corhssen details the importance of a cultural club such as JSA. “JSA is a great club because we share our experiences with each other and educate ourselves about our culture and traditions. It’s open for students to come and learn about a new culture.” 

JSA had collaborated with Muslim Student Association to create a vigil for the events of October 7th, 2023, in honor of the victims from both sides of the Israel-Palestine war. This act of unity was shared in the Commons, open for everyone to join and participate in respect to all the victims.

The club is running throughout Monday Archer’s Periods in Ms. Monica’s office, 105B. Any questions can be directed to Joe Rubenstiein and Anna Lapidus at [email protected].