PBL Freshman Cornerstone Town Hall
Uncategorized
PBL Freshman Cornerstone Town Hall
Amna Abdelbagi, Staff Reporter • May 24, 2024

It's finally that time of the year, the Cornerstone Town Hall that everyone has been waiting for! After all the ninth graders' hard work, students...

Bites on the Pike: Lost Dog Café
Community & Beyond
Bites on the Pike: Lost Dog Café
Clara Golner and Ilana HofferMay 24, 2024

Within the first moments of walking inside, the smell of tasty Italian food fills your nose. You look around at the art on the walls, listen...

Bites on the Pike: Ididos Coffee
Community & Beyond
Bites on the Pike: Idido's Coffee
Amna Abdelbagi, Staff Reporter • May 20, 2024

Only five minutes away from ACC, Idido’s Coffee should definitely be on your next “to-go” list! Idido’s Coffee is a cafe designed for...

Bites on the Pike: Ryu Izakaya
Community & Beyond
Bites on the Pike: Ryu Izakaya
Clara Golner and Ilana HofferMay 20, 2024

Ryu Izakaya is a small restaurant camouflaged among the many on Columbia Pike, but it is truly a hidden gem. When you walk inside, you are immediately...

Street Advocate Club
Clubs & Extras
Street Advocate Club
Cody Finnegan, Clara Golner, and Bella WeslowMay 20, 2024

One of ACC’s newer clubs is the Street Advocates Student Coalition (SASC), started by junior Cody Finnegan. The SASC’s mission is “to bring...

Diversity Chat

Diversity Chat hosts a number of students all across different backgrounds to come together and educate themselves and others about diversity in a safe space. This student led initiative collaborates with 

One of the main leaders, Freya Olson, has gone above and beyond to truly challenge other students into engaging with one another with often deep and contemporary topics. These often range from race, ethnicity, gender and sexuality, religion, disability, and more to understand ourselves, each other, and the world around us. 

“It’s important to be able to talk to people with different opinions because it challenges what we know and broadens our horizons. There have been times when I felt certain about my beliefs and it wasn’t till I heard other people express theirs that I realized I was completely wrong. Hearing what other people think improves your understanding of the world.”, explained by Freya Olson 

Members of Diversity Chat. Photo by by Freya Olson.

The club is not just about discussing whatever goes on in the world to impact us. It actively promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in their school and broader community in APS. Conversations are always open to everyone in every program and grade level, including staff members and teachers. 

Diversity Chat takes place on Tuesdays during all lunches (12:05 – 1:35 pm) at Ms. Monica’s office.