Oratorical Contest 2024
School News
Oratorical Contest 2024
Kate Runion, Staff Reporter • May 2, 2024

On April 9, 15 Tech students participated in the 2024 Oratorical Contest, sponsored by the Optimist Club of Arlington. The contestants wrote...

24 with ‘24: Kaleb Daniel
24 with '24
24 with ‘24: Kaleb Daniel
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • May 2, 2024

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll...

24 with ‘24: Laila Hailey
24 with '24
24 with ‘24: Laila Hailey
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter • April 30, 2024

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll shine a spotlight...

Mystery Revealed: Techs Valedictorian
School News
Mystery Revealed: Tech's Valedictorian
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 26, 2024

With fewer than 50 days to graduation, everyone’s wondering who Arlington Tech’s valedictorian is, the person with the highest grade point...

The Artificial God
Creative Writing
The Artificial God
Hetty Fontaine, Guest Reporter • April 26, 2024

You have created a god Summoned by a ritual of your own design With bones of ancients And oils cracked It rises It shall remain...

Diversity Chat

Diversity Chat hosts a number of students all across different backgrounds to come together and educate themselves and others about diversity in a safe space. This student led initiative collaborates with 

One of the main leaders, Freya Olson, has gone above and beyond to truly challenge other students into engaging with one another with often deep and contemporary topics. These often range from race, ethnicity, gender and sexuality, religion, disability, and more to understand ourselves, each other, and the world around us. 

“It’s important to be able to talk to people with different opinions because it challenges what we know and broadens our horizons. There have been times when I felt certain about my beliefs and it wasn’t till I heard other people express theirs that I realized I was completely wrong. Hearing what other people think improves your understanding of the world.”, explained by Freya Olson 

Members of Diversity Chat. Photo by by Freya Olson.

The club is not just about discussing whatever goes on in the world to impact us. It actively promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in their school and broader community in APS. Conversations are always open to everyone in every program and grade level, including staff members and teachers. 

Diversity Chat takes place on Tuesdays during all lunches (12:05 – 1:35 pm) at Ms. Monica’s office.