Hot Off the Press: The Spring Print Edition
Chronicle Print Editions
Maggie Odar, Lead Designer, Reporter, Editor, Social Media Manager • May 5, 2024

Pick up your copy today, and enjoy!

Oratorical Contest 2024
School News
Oratorical Contest 2024
Kate Runion, Staff Reporter • May 2, 2024

On April 9, 15 Tech students participated in the 2024 Oratorical Contest, sponsored by the Optimist Club of Arlington. The contestants wrote...

24 with ‘24: Kaleb Daniel
24 with '24
24 with ‘24: Kaleb Daniel
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • May 2, 2024

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll...

24 with ‘24: Laila Hailey
24 with '24
24 with ‘24: Laila Hailey
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter • April 30, 2024

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll shine a spotlight...

Mystery Revealed: Techs Valedictorian
School News
Mystery Revealed: Tech's Valedictorian
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 26, 2024

With fewer than 50 days to graduation, everyone’s wondering who Arlington Tech’s valedictorian is, the person with the highest grade point...

The Equity Team

At Arlington Career Center, teachers and students are able to work with one another to create numerous clubs and programs in order to diversify and acknowledge the many kinds of students in APS. The Equity Team aims to respect and value the diversity of Arlington students, regardless of their background. Their research works towards identifying educational malpractice based on racial bias and discrimination, and instead accomplish and equal and equitable learning environment for every student.

One of the largest initiatives for ACC is No Place For Hate, a program targeting bias and improving school climates in over 1,800 schools in the country. ACC has adopted the teachings to promote tolerance and have students join together to say no to hate. Having been developed by the Education Department of the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), it upholds the standard for all students to be able to learn in a safe and equitable environment.

In 2022, the student led demonstration was mc’ed by Joseph Sparks, ACC senior, involved the student body to join in on inclusivity and working together to ACC being a learning environment everyone is included in. Half the school listened and wrote their signatures on the board in the picture presented below, including their promise to better themselves and others in education. 

No Place For Hate Demonstration led by Joseph Sparks, far right

The program is ran by Monica Lozano Caldera, Lisa Lee, Arlene Whitlock and Mindee Laumann at ACC, and their rooms can be found in the Counselor’s Suite and 105B for more information or wanting to participate in the many events conducted to aim at discriminatory and biased conversations in education.