Groundbreaking
School News
Groundbreaking
Bella Weslow, Staff Reporter • June 12, 2024

On May 16th, 2024, a monumental event occurred for the students and staff of the Arlington Career Center. At 2 pm, students and teachers left...

Latinas Leading Tomorrow at ACC
Clubs & Extras
Latinas Leading Tomorrow at ACC
Lary Renderos, Guest Reporter • June 12, 2024

Let’s zoom into the bustling hive of activity that is ACC (let's throw some props to our extracurricular buffet: from frisbee to D&D, there's...

Op Ed: A Call for Accelerated Learning in APS
Op Ed
Joseph Sparks, Guest Reporter • June 12, 2024

Dear Arlington Public Schools, As I prepare to begin my education at Princeton University next fall, I often look back and consider the impact...

Op Ed: Let’s Expand Restorative Justice in Virginia
Op Ed
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter • June 12, 2024

Dear Barbara A. Favola, In one month, I will have graduated from high school and be ready for the next stage of my life. When I look back...

Acme Pie Company
Community & Beyond
Acme Pie Company

Acme Pie Co., located barely a block from the school, is one of the only pie shops within Arlington - and it’s also the best. Walking towards...

Bites on the Pike: Bangkok 54

Celebrating 20 years of operation this year, Bangkok 54 is a neighborhood favorite Thai restaurant and Asian market on Columbia Pike, just blocks away from ACC. Students love Bangkok 54 for its variety of unique items in the Market that feature not only Thai foods, but products from other parts of Asia as well. One of the most enticing things about the market is its prepared food section with lots of grab-and-go items. Along with the prepared foods, around five years ago, the Market added a bubble tea and noodle cafe area as a subsection of the market area. This area has become a focal point of the Market, with Bangkok’s boba tea being highly rated within the county. 

To gain further perspective and knowledge about Bangkok 54 and its business, Chronicle Staff members Maggie Odar and Zack Dabrowski talked with restaurant and market manager Autumn Nophawan, the daughter of the current owners. Working at her family’s business, she has really enjoyed witnessing the Pike change over time and flourish in its cultural scene. Nophawan explained that the market offers a variety of more traditional, authentic Thai foods, whereas the restaurant is more Americanized. She admires how there’s something for everyone in both parts of Bangkok 54. This fusion of Thai and American culture has been greatly influenced by Columbia Pike’s surroundings. “I think being in this area exposed us to different cultures. It brought in a lot of different types of people and that allowed us to expand out of our Thai culture,” said Nophawan.

Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or even a meal after school, with lots of variety and unique items, Bangkok 54 Market & Restaurant is the place to go.

About the Contributors
Maggie Odar
Maggie Odar, Lead Designer, Reporter, Editor, Social Media Manager
Maggie Odar is a Junior at Arlington Tech working on website development and design for the Career Center Chronicle. She is a dedicated student with a passion for architecture and engineering-like subjects. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her two cats and listening to music.
Zack Dabrowski
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter
Zack is a senior at The Arlington Career Center who is earning a general education associates degree at NOVA. He’s interested in pursuing a degree in anthropology and political science. He is currently a representative on the Student Advisory Board and a member of the Senior Committee. He is also currently interning at the Center for Youth and Family Advocacy.