24 with ‘24: Sophia Lander
24 with '24
24 with ‘24: Sophia Lander
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 23, 2024

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll shine a spotlight...

Song of Daphne
Creative Writing
Song of Daphne
Heibein, Guest Reporter • April 22, 2024

What will you do, when he’s coming for you? Oh, Daphne. What will you do? He’s bright as the sun, nowhere to run. Oh, Daphne. What...

Career Profile: Jennifer Clark, Anthropologist at the Smithsonian
Career Exploration
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter • April 22, 2024

It was a bright sunny day in East Africa and Jennifer Clark was about to make one of her coolest discoveries yet: the skeleton of a fossil elephant...

Koibots Get Loud at District Championships
Clubs & Extras
Clara Golner, Staff Reporter • April 22, 2024

On Thursday, April 4, at 6 am, thirty-one ACC students and two adults boarded a bus to Petersburg, Virginia, for Chesapeake District Playoffs....

Career Profile: Cathy Pinskey, Director of Mason Facilities
Career Exploration
Maggie Odar, Lead Designer, Reporter, Editor, Social Media Manager • April 22, 2024

Pursuing a career in architecture can often feel like putting all your eggs in one basket. However, Cathy Pinskey shows that architecture is...

(Please, Finally) Let it Snow

For teachers, students, and administrators alike, there is little more welcome than an unexpected day off in the middle of the school year, brought on by a flurry of snow. Luckily, you may have heard that the winter is expected to bring unusually heavy snowfall to the East Coast. This is especially good news for Arlington since we haven’t seen much snow in recent years, and certainly not enough for a day off. Let’s take a look at why we can anticipate a snow day soon!

Back in early November, Trip Traveling Guide summarized several weather predictions for the state of Virginia, predicting heavy snow in late December and mid-January to early February. Unfortunately, December has already passed without anything notable. Lucky for us, though, we still have a few months to go, and things are looking promising! Less than 24 hours before the writing of this article, several weather channels reported that weather patterns caused by El Nino have a chance of inducing winter storms along the Northeast and mid-Atlantic this weekend. Snowfall is predicted to reach areas from Virginia to Southern New England in roughly five to seven days.

Several different models have reported this trend, indicating that as long as current weather patterns continue, we may very well get our first true snow day in a while! So keep your eyes on the weather and your fingers crossed. Happy New Year, let it finally snow!

About the Contributor
Shangwen Cheng
Shangwen Cheng, Staff Reporter
Shangwen is a junior at Arlington Tech. She is a member of the robotics team, and enjoys reading, drawing and watching anime in her (rare) free time. You can normally find her bothering her friends about her latest ridiculous interest.