Groundbreaking
School News
Groundbreaking
Bella Weslow, Staff Reporter • June 12, 2024

On May 16th, 2024, a monumental event occurred for the students and staff of the Arlington Career Center. At 2 pm, students and teachers left...

Latinas Leading Tomorrow at ACC
Clubs & Extras
Latinas Leading Tomorrow at ACC
Lary Renderos, Guest Reporter • June 12, 2024

Let’s zoom into the bustling hive of activity that is ACC (let's throw some props to our extracurricular buffet: from frisbee to D&D, there's...

Op Ed: A Call for Accelerated Learning in APS
Op Ed
Joseph Sparks, Guest Reporter • June 12, 2024

Dear Arlington Public Schools, As I prepare to begin my education at Princeton University next fall, I often look back and consider the impact...

Op Ed: Let’s Expand Restorative Justice in Virginia
Op Ed
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter • June 12, 2024

Dear Barbara A. Favola, In one month, I will have graduated from high school and be ready for the next stage of my life. When I look back...

Acme Pie Company
Community & Beyond
Acme Pie Company

Acme Pie Co., located barely a block from the school, is one of the only pie shops within Arlington - and it’s also the best. Walking towards...

(Please, Finally) Let it Snow

For teachers, students, and administrators alike, there is little more welcome than an unexpected day off in the middle of the school year, brought on by a flurry of snow. Luckily, you may have heard that the winter is expected to bring unusually heavy snowfall to the East Coast. This is especially good news for Arlington since we haven’t seen much snow in recent years, and certainly not enough for a day off. Let’s take a look at why we can anticipate a snow day soon!

Back in early November, Trip Traveling Guide summarized several weather predictions for the state of Virginia, predicting heavy snow in late December and mid-January to early February. Unfortunately, December has already passed without anything notable. Lucky for us, though, we still have a few months to go, and things are looking promising! Less than 24 hours before the writing of this article, several weather channels reported that weather patterns caused by El Nino have a chance of inducing winter storms along the Northeast and mid-Atlantic this weekend. Snowfall is predicted to reach areas from Virginia to Southern New England in roughly five to seven days.

Several different models have reported this trend, indicating that as long as current weather patterns continue, we may very well get our first true snow day in a while! So keep your eyes on the weather and your fingers crossed. Happy New Year, let it finally snow!

About the Contributor
Shangwen Cheng
Shangwen Cheng, Staff Reporter
Shangwen is a junior at Arlington Tech. She is a member of the robotics team, and enjoys reading, drawing and watching anime in her (rare) free time. You can normally find her bothering her friends about her latest ridiculous interest.