Mystery Revealed: Techs Valedictorian
School News
Mystery Revealed: Tech's Valedictorian
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 26, 2024

With fewer than 50 days to graduation, everyone’s wondering who Arlington Tech’s valedictorian is, the person with the highest grade point...

The Artificial God
Creative Writing
The Artificial God
Hetty Fontaine, Guest Reporter • April 26, 2024

You have created a god Summoned by a ritual of your own design With bones of ancients And oils cracked It rises It shall remain...

24 with ‘24: Tadashi Dodge
24 with '24
24 with ‘24: Tadashi Dodge
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 24, 2024

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll shine a spotlight...

The Equity Team
DEI at ACC
The Equity Team
Isabella Chavez, Guest Reporter • April 24, 2024

At Arlington Career Center, teachers and students are able to work with one another to create numerous clubs and programs in order to diversify...

Nature is a Puzzle
Creative Writing
Nature is a Puzzle
Marin McCormack, Guest Reporter • April 24, 2024

We tend to take nature for granted. We look at our phones, scrolling through social media like zombies. Entranced by the constant dopamine hits...

(Please, Finally) Let it Snow

For teachers, students, and administrators alike, there is little more welcome than an unexpected day off in the middle of the school year, brought on by a flurry of snow. Luckily, you may have heard that the winter is expected to bring unusually heavy snowfall to the East Coast. This is especially good news for Arlington since we haven’t seen much snow in recent years, and certainly not enough for a day off. Let’s take a look at why we can anticipate a snow day soon!

Back in early November, Trip Traveling Guide summarized several weather predictions for the state of Virginia, predicting heavy snow in late December and mid-January to early February. Unfortunately, December has already passed without anything notable. Lucky for us, though, we still have a few months to go, and things are looking promising! Less than 24 hours before the writing of this article, several weather channels reported that weather patterns caused by El Nino have a chance of inducing winter storms along the Northeast and mid-Atlantic this weekend. Snowfall is predicted to reach areas from Virginia to Southern New England in roughly five to seven days.

Several different models have reported this trend, indicating that as long as current weather patterns continue, we may very well get our first true snow day in a while! So keep your eyes on the weather and your fingers crossed. Happy New Year, let it finally snow!

About the Contributor
Shangwen Cheng
Shangwen Cheng, Staff Reporter
Shangwen is a junior at Arlington Tech. She is a member of the robotics team, and enjoys reading, drawing and watching anime in her (rare) free time. You can normally find her bothering her friends about her latest ridiculous interest.