PBL Freshman Cornerstone Town Hall
Uncategorized
PBL Freshman Cornerstone Town Hall
Amna Abdelbagi, Staff Reporter • May 24, 2024

It's finally that time of the year, the Cornerstone Town Hall that everyone has been waiting for! After all the ninth graders' hard work, students...

Bites on the Pike: Lost Dog Café
Community & Beyond
Bites on the Pike: Lost Dog Café
Clara Golner and Ilana HofferMay 24, 2024

Within the first moments of walking inside, the smell of tasty Italian food fills your nose. You look around at the art on the walls, listen...

Bites on the Pike: Ididos Coffee
Community & Beyond
Bites on the Pike: Idido's Coffee
Amna Abdelbagi, Staff Reporter • May 20, 2024

Only five minutes away from ACC, Idido’s Coffee should definitely be on your next “to-go” list! Idido’s Coffee is a cafe designed for...

Bites on the Pike: Ryu Izakaya
Community & Beyond
Bites on the Pike: Ryu Izakaya
Clara Golner and Ilana HofferMay 20, 2024

Ryu Izakaya is a small restaurant camouflaged among the many on Columbia Pike, but it is truly a hidden gem. When you walk inside, you are immediately...

Street Advocate Club
Clubs & Extras
Street Advocate Club
Cody Finnegan, Clara Golner, and Bella WeslowMay 20, 2024

One of ACC’s newer clubs is the Street Advocates Student Coalition (SASC), started by junior Cody Finnegan. The SASC’s mission is “to bring...

Farewell, Fenwick

• Fenwick in 2023

Today was a literal blast for the new building’s construction crew when the final walls of the Fenwick building were knocked down. We sat down with Principal Ms. Chung to learn about Fenwick and commemorate this moment in the timeline of our new construction.

Best known for housing the Arlington Community High School program for the past eight years, they took up residence in Ballston last summer. Before it was the Arlington Community High School, it was a medical center for the Department of Health and Human Services. By 2026, the space will be dedicated to our new ACC building.

Construction of the new building is expected to begin in the Spring of 2024 and be finished in the Fall of 2026. The construction team will be cleaning up debris from the demolition until they’re ready to break ground next spring. The building will have five stories in a stepping-stone formation descending towards 7th St. The entire five-story column will be used for CTE which will be front and center. 

In the years ahead, classrooms facing construction may experience some trouble with noise. Traffic on Walter Reed Drive will be impacted by construction. The good news is that our original building will not be losing instructional space, so classes will remain in the building or trailers until the new building is fully complete.

Students are encouraged to think about things they may want to see in the new building and get involved in some planning sessions. A new school building gives us a chance to reflect on who we are as a school, and how we can improve.

About the Contributors
Clara Golner
Clara Golner, Staff Reporter
Clara is currently a junior at Arlington Tech and enjoys writing all sorts of things— short stories, longer stories, or articles for the newspaper— as well as reading, playing video games, exercising, or drawing (not very well, but nobody has to know that).
Ilana Hoffer
Ilana Hoffer, Staff Reporter
Ilana is a junior at Arlington Tech, interested in expanding her writing by working on articles for the Chronicle. In her free time, Ilana enjoys being outside, playing soccer, spending time with her dog and hanging out with friends. She is interested in becoming a mechanical engineer.