Mystery Revealed: Techs Valedictorian
School News
Mystery Revealed: Tech's Valedictorian
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 26, 2024

With fewer than 50 days to graduation, everyone’s wondering who Arlington Tech’s valedictorian is, the person with the highest grade point...

The Artificial God
Creative Writing
The Artificial God
Hetty Fontaine, Guest Reporter • April 26, 2024

You have created a god Summoned by a ritual of your own design With bones of ancients And oils cracked It rises It shall remain...

24 with ‘24: Tadashi Dodge
24 with '24
24 with ‘24: Tadashi Dodge
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 24, 2024

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll shine a spotlight...

The Equity Team
DEI at ACC
The Equity Team
Isabella Chavez, Guest Reporter • April 24, 2024

At Arlington Career Center, teachers and students are able to work with one another to create numerous clubs and programs in order to diversify...

Nature is a Puzzle
Creative Writing
Nature is a Puzzle
Marin McCormack, Guest Reporter • April 24, 2024

We tend to take nature for granted. We look at our phones, scrolling through social media like zombies. Entranced by the constant dopamine hits...

CTE Spotlight: Cybersecurity

With the variety of classes offered at Arlington Tech, the most well-known ones are related to technology, one of them being the Cybersecurity classes. The Cybersecurity classes are constantly mixed up with the Computer Science classes because they have similar concepts. However, they are quite different in terms of the workload, content, and teaching style. 

“Unlike Computer Science, this class learns how devices in a network talk to each other, instead of creating software,” stated the Cybersecurity teacher, Ms, Gallaugher.

Cybersecurity is a class where students learn the foundation of networking architecture, ethical hacking, and securing a network. This class focuses on technical issues with hands-on projects and working with computers.

There are three different levels of Cybersecurity classes that you can take starting in 10th grade; Cybersecurity I, II, and III. These classes can allow you to strengthen your knowledge on Cybersecurity and learn life skills such as being detail-oriented, having critical thinking skills, problem-solving, collaboration, and making decisions efficiently. Since there are three different levels, each one pushes you further in terms of the workload and content.

The community should be aware of the threat that they face when connected to the internet. Learning how to protect your identity and private data will make your access to the internet safer. People should take this class because even if you don’t go into the technology field, certain scenarios require the skills you learn in this class. If an electric grid goes down for several days, it will affect our financial system, distribution of food, water, and any other essential service.

Even if you are not interested in this class, Cybersecurity I is a great introductory class and can challenge you with a basic understanding of what this course is about. Remember, it’s not too late to change your courses for the 2024-2025 school year!

About the Contributor
Amna Abdelbagi
Amna Abdelbagi, Staff Reporter
Amna Abdelbagi is a freshman at Arlington Tech. This is her first Journalism class and has no background in writing newspapers, but she hopes to enjoy it. Amna has interest in becoming a Staff Reporter. In her free time, Amna enjoys baking, reading, hanging out with her friends, and painting. She is interested in becoming a pediatrician.