24 with ‘24: Sophia Lander
24 with '24
24 with ‘24: Sophia Lander
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 23, 2024

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll shine a spotlight...

Song of Daphne
Creative Writing
Song of Daphne
Heibein, Guest Reporter • April 22, 2024

What will you do, when he’s coming for you? Oh, Daphne. What will you do? He’s bright as the sun, nowhere to run. Oh, Daphne. What...

Career Profile: Jennifer Clark, Anthropologist at the Smithsonian
Career Exploration
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter • April 22, 2024

It was a bright sunny day in East Africa and Jennifer Clark was about to make one of her coolest discoveries yet: the skeleton of a fossil elephant...

Koibots Get Loud at District Championships
Clubs & Extras
Clara Golner, Staff Reporter • April 22, 2024

On Thursday, April 4, at 6 am, thirty-one ACC students and two adults boarded a bus to Petersburg, Virginia, for Chesapeake District Playoffs....

Career Profile: Cathy Pinskey, Director of Mason Facilities
Career Exploration
Maggie Odar, Lead Designer, Reporter, Editor, Social Media Manager • April 22, 2024

Pursuing a career in architecture can often feel like putting all your eggs in one basket. However, Cathy Pinskey shows that architecture is...

PBL Scholars: The Importance of Project Based Learning

One of the many unique aspects of Arlington Tech is its Project Based Learning (PBL), which is designed to give students the opportunity to work together and collaborate. Since Arlington Tech is PBL focused, the PBL Coordinator, Dr. Thomas, decided to sponsor a club for students to help them explore projects with different career interests before going to college. 

The club is known for creating projects, but with a more professional aim. Founded in the Fall of 2023, the club already has 30 members dedicated to exploring STEM through advocacy projects. With the club President, Chloe Blair, and our Vice President, Blen Fisseha, the club meetings have been going successfully so far.

In every meeting, students collaborate, advocate, present, investigate, and resolve issues that they are passionate about. This January, the first project that the club will be doing is working together with the Johns Hopkins Hospital and visiting them to explore cancer research. Students will get a first-hand look at science and math-associated projects with the Johns Hopkins Lab.

PBL Scholars meet once a month after school and every other Wednesday during Archers. If you are interested, you are more than welcome to participate and join next fall academic year. Contact Dr. Thomas if you are interested and take a look at their meetings!

About the Contributor
Amna Abdelbagi
Amna Abdelbagi, Staff Reporter
Amna Abdelbagi is a freshman at Arlington Tech. This is her first Journalism class and has no background in writing newspapers, but she hopes to enjoy it. Amna has interest in becoming a Staff Reporter. In her free time, Amna enjoys baking, reading, hanging out with her friends, and painting. She is interested in becoming a pediatrician.