PBL Freshman Cornerstone Town Hall
Uncategorized
PBL Freshman Cornerstone Town Hall
Amna Abdelbagi, Staff Reporter • May 24, 2024

It's finally that time of the year, the Cornerstone Town Hall that everyone has been waiting for! After all the ninth graders' hard work, students...

Bites on the Pike: Lost Dog Café
Community & Beyond
Bites on the Pike: Lost Dog Café
Clara Golner and Ilana HofferMay 24, 2024

Within the first moments of walking inside, the smell of tasty Italian food fills your nose. You look around at the art on the walls, listen...

Bites on the Pike: Ididos Coffee
Community & Beyond
Bites on the Pike: Idido's Coffee
Amna Abdelbagi, Staff Reporter • May 20, 2024

Only five minutes away from ACC, Idido’s Coffee should definitely be on your next “to-go” list! Idido’s Coffee is a cafe designed for...

Bites on the Pike: Ryu Izakaya
Community & Beyond
Bites on the Pike: Ryu Izakaya
Clara Golner and Ilana HofferMay 20, 2024

Ryu Izakaya is a small restaurant camouflaged among the many on Columbia Pike, but it is truly a hidden gem. When you walk inside, you are immediately...

Street Advocate Club
Clubs & Extras
Street Advocate Club
Cody Finnegan, Clara Golner, and Bella WeslowMay 20, 2024

One of ACC’s newer clubs is the Street Advocates Student Coalition (SASC), started by junior Cody Finnegan. The SASC’s mission is “to bring...

Let’s Talk Law With the Legal Eagles

The Let’s Talk Law Club is dedicated to helping aspiring lawyers learn more about the field. Thanks to  Ms. Monica Lozano Caldera, our DEI coordinator, and volunteer Mr. Casey Triggs, a retired litigator, club members are getting a head-start on their professional goals. 

This year, Julian Molina is running the club as part of his Capstone experience and so far has garnered over 15 members who consistently participate in those meetings. Julian is a senior at ACC who is interested in Criminal Justice and Law as a major and helps with the majority of the planning done by him for meetings and debates done around the school. 

“Law school is usually something you jump into without knowing what it really is. The law career is something you jump into without knowing what it really is. This club is important to ACC because it gives people who want a career in law an insight into what their future is going to look like, what law school’s gonna look like, and what their future career can look like. With the help of Mr. Triggs, we get to talk to many different lawyers of many different specialties, and we get to discover what we might want to do in the field of law,” explained Julian when asked why it’s important to have a club like this for students at ACC who want to explore career options. 

Casey Triggs was a Texan Lawyer who specialized as an attorney at the United States Federal Trade Commission, Washington, since 1986, as well as a deputy assistant director Bureau of Competition, United States Federal Trade Commission, Washington, 1992-1994. As one of the volunteers in retainer to lead the meetings, he helps students think critically through court cases and acts through American history to help them engage with others on a professional level.

Casey Triggs (Retired Lawyer), discussing civic court cases during a Legal Eagle meeting. Video by Isa Chavez

All consistent members of the club are seniors so far, but it is open to every grade level and program in ACC, where anyone can be a part of the debates and discussions of legislation and issues within the legal world. If you are interested, you can contact Julian Molina through his school email [email protected]