Groundbreaking
School News
Groundbreaking
Bella Weslow, Staff Reporter • June 12, 2024

On May 16th, 2024, a monumental event occurred for the students and staff of the Arlington Career Center. At 2 pm, students and teachers left...

Latinas Leading Tomorrow at ACC
Clubs & Extras
Latinas Leading Tomorrow at ACC
Lary Renderos, Guest Reporter • June 12, 2024

Let’s zoom into the bustling hive of activity that is ACC (let's throw some props to our extracurricular buffet: from frisbee to D&D, there's...

Op Ed: A Call for Accelerated Learning in APS
Op Ed
Joseph Sparks, Guest Reporter • June 12, 2024

Dear Arlington Public Schools, As I prepare to begin my education at Princeton University next fall, I often look back and consider the impact...

Op Ed: Let’s Expand Restorative Justice in Virginia
Op Ed
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter • June 12, 2024

Dear Barbara A. Favola, In one month, I will have graduated from high school and be ready for the next stage of my life. When I look back...

Acme Pie Company
Community & Beyond
Acme Pie Company

Acme Pie Co., located barely a block from the school, is one of the only pie shops within Arlington - and it’s also the best. Walking towards...

Let’s Talk Law With the Legal Eagles

The Let’s Talk Law Club is dedicated to helping aspiring lawyers learn more about the field. Thanks to  Ms. Monica Lozano Caldera, our DEI coordinator, and volunteer Mr. Casey Triggs, a retired litigator, club members are getting a head-start on their professional goals. 

This year, Julian Molina is running the club as part of his Capstone experience and so far has garnered over 15 members who consistently participate in those meetings. Julian is a senior at ACC who is interested in Criminal Justice and Law as a major and helps with the majority of the planning done by him for meetings and debates done around the school. 

“Law school is usually something you jump into without knowing what it really is. The law career is something you jump into without knowing what it really is. This club is important to ACC because it gives people who want a career in law an insight into what their future is going to look like, what law school’s gonna look like, and what their future career can look like. With the help of Mr. Triggs, we get to talk to many different lawyers of many different specialties, and we get to discover what we might want to do in the field of law,” explained Julian when asked why it’s important to have a club like this for students at ACC who want to explore career options. 

Casey Triggs was a Texan Lawyer who specialized as an attorney at the United States Federal Trade Commission, Washington, since 1986, as well as a deputy assistant director Bureau of Competition, United States Federal Trade Commission, Washington, 1992-1994. As one of the volunteers in retainer to lead the meetings, he helps students think critically through court cases and acts through American history to help them engage with others on a professional level.

Casey Triggs (Retired Lawyer), discussing civic court cases during a Legal Eagle meeting. Video by Isa Chavez

All consistent members of the club are seniors so far, but it is open to every grade level and program in ACC, where anyone can be a part of the debates and discussions of legislation and issues within the legal world. If you are interested, you can contact Julian Molina through his school email [email protected]