Mystery Revealed: Techs Valedictorian
School News
Mystery Revealed: Tech's Valedictorian
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 26, 2024

With fewer than 50 days to graduation, everyone’s wondering who Arlington Tech’s valedictorian is, the person with the highest grade point...

The Artificial God
Creative Writing
The Artificial God
Hetty Fontaine, Guest Reporter • April 26, 2024

You have created a god Summoned by a ritual of your own design With bones of ancients And oils cracked It rises It shall remain...

24 with ‘24: Tadashi Dodge
24 with '24
24 with ‘24: Tadashi Dodge
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 24, 2024

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll shine a spotlight...

The Equity Team
DEI at ACC
The Equity Team
Isabella Chavez, Guest Reporter • April 24, 2024

At Arlington Career Center, teachers and students are able to work with one another to create numerous clubs and programs in order to diversify...

Nature is a Puzzle
Creative Writing
Nature is a Puzzle
Marin McCormack, Guest Reporter • April 24, 2024

We tend to take nature for granted. We look at our phones, scrolling through social media like zombies. Entranced by the constant dopamine hits...

Mr. Mainor is Assistant Principal of the Year

Balloons, cake, and a festive mood filled the Commons on Friday, March 8, when the school gathered for a special event: congratulating ACC’s very own Mr. Mainor, who won the Assistant Principal of the Year award. Mr. Mainor’s family and Superintendent Dr. Durán visited the school to speak at the ceremony and celebrate. 

Mr. Mainor has worked at the Career Center for four years as an assistant principal, and before that, taught ten years as an English teacher at Wakefield. He enjoys being an Assistant Principal because he is able to interact with students the same way teachers are, but also that he has the ability to see how things work from the admin side— and, if needed, make a change that will benefit the school. He considers his greatest accomplishment to be creating a Restorative Center here at ACC “where students can engage in restorative circles with one another, and staff can obtain the resources they need to feel empowered in these practices,” according to APS’s article on the event.

Mr. Mainor described it as a very multidimensional job. Luckily, with so many responsibilities, he has students, teachers, and the other admin staff to support him, as well as a chance to offer support to those who need it.

Arlington Public Schools runs the Assistant Principal of the Year award along with Principal of the Year, Teacher of the Year, Leader of the Year, and Support Employee of the Year. There are twenty-nine district schools in APS, plus nine option schools, for a total of thirty-eight schools. Since different schools often have more than one assistant principal, there is a very large pool of possible candidates, which makes this an even greater accomplishment.

About the Contributor
Clara Golner
Clara Golner, Staff Reporter
Clara is currently a junior at Arlington Tech and enjoys writing all sorts of things— short stories, longer stories, or articles for the newspaper— as well as reading, playing video games, exercising, or drawing (not very well, but nobody has to know that).