Mystery Revealed: Techs Valedictorian
School News
Mystery Revealed: Tech's Valedictorian
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 26, 2024

With fewer than 50 days to graduation, everyone’s wondering who Arlington Tech’s valedictorian is, the person with the highest grade point...

The Artificial God
Creative Writing
The Artificial God
Hetty Fontaine, Guest Reporter • April 26, 2024

You have created a god Summoned by a ritual of your own design With bones of ancients And oils cracked It rises It shall remain...

24 with ‘24: Tadashi Dodge
24 with '24
24 with ‘24: Tadashi Dodge
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 24, 2024

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll shine a spotlight...

The Equity Team
DEI at ACC
The Equity Team
Isabella Chavez, Guest Reporter • April 24, 2024

At Arlington Career Center, teachers and students are able to work with one another to create numerous clubs and programs in order to diversify...

Nature is a Puzzle
Creative Writing
Nature is a Puzzle
Marin McCormack, Guest Reporter • April 24, 2024

We tend to take nature for granted. We look at our phones, scrolling through social media like zombies. Entranced by the constant dopamine hits...

CTE Spotlight: Automotive Program

One of the best parts about the Arlington Career Center’s CTE classes is the hands-on courses, preparing students for college or going into the workforce after they leave school. ACC’s automotive program is one of the most hands-on of all. 

There are several classes within this field offered at ACC. However, Collision Repair is the only single-period elective, and the only elective available to freshmen due to scheduling conflicts. In addition, there is the Maintenance and Light Repair class, as well as the three levels of Auto Tech. Those classes are two-period electives, meaning you meet every day. 

The automotive program has several benefits, one of them being that this program prepares students for several different opportunities. Students learn how to use shop tools, circuitry, and problem-solving skills, all of which are fundamental for a career in not only automotive technology but also engineering fields such as mechanical engineering. Similarly, circuitry can help students if they choose to become electricians. That means the class prepares students if they want to go into engineering or a similar STEM field, or if they want to go into automotive technology after graduating high school or college. 

Projects within these classes are always changing to fit with the times, so students will also be gaining more technology skills as cars become more advanced. Transportation has moved from horse-drawn carriages to fast-moving cars that reduce transportation time, giving people more time to work, learn, and play. The field of transportation will only become more advanced as time goes on. Materials to build cars are changing to become stronger and safer. In addition, AI will have a significant impact on almost every field, including the automotive field. Technology will aid in building cars and diagnosing problems within cars if they need repair. The idea behind self-driving cars is also growing more popular by the day, and there is a significant amount of AI involved with this idea. 

To learn skills that you can use almost anywhere you go, classes in ACC’s automotive program will deliver. With an incredible shop and supportive teachers, it’s a great option for electives next year.

About the Contributor
Clara Golner
Clara Golner, Staff Reporter
Clara is currently a junior at Arlington Tech and enjoys writing all sorts of things— short stories, longer stories, or articles for the newspaper— as well as reading, playing video games, exercising, or drawing (not very well, but nobody has to know that).