Mystery Revealed: Techs Valedictorian
School News
Mystery Revealed: Tech's Valedictorian
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 26, 2024

With fewer than 50 days to graduation, everyone’s wondering who Arlington Tech’s valedictorian is, the person with the highest grade point...

The Artificial God
Creative Writing
The Artificial God
Hetty Fontaine, Guest Reporter • April 26, 2024

You have created a god Summoned by a ritual of your own design With bones of ancients And oils cracked It rises It shall remain...

24 with ‘24: Tadashi Dodge
24 with '24
24 with ‘24: Tadashi Dodge
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 24, 2024

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll shine a spotlight...

The Equity Team
DEI at ACC
The Equity Team
Isabella Chavez, Guest Reporter • April 24, 2024

At Arlington Career Center, teachers and students are able to work with one another to create numerous clubs and programs in order to diversify...

Nature is a Puzzle
Creative Writing
Nature is a Puzzle
Marin McCormack, Guest Reporter • April 24, 2024

We tend to take nature for granted. We look at our phones, scrolling through social media like zombies. Entranced by the constant dopamine hits...

Criminal Justice Club

A DEI Initiative at ACC

The year 2023 became the year for new clubs to emerge, especially with the support of the DEI program. Arlington Tech Vic Hernandez is to thank for starting the Criminal Justice Club, a space meant for detective sleuths and future forensic investigators.

Vic took Ms. Cupero’s forensics class and has since let that interest flourish. Their love for the subject has fostered their need to create a community for other students to express the same passion for Criminal Justice. Criminal Justice, better known as the Forensics class taught here in ACC, includes various career paths within the Criminal Justice System. The class talks about significant crimes that have defined the field of forensics, in addition to demonstrating through hands-on

Vic Hernandez, Leader of Criminal Justice Club (Isa Chavez)learning each important role everyone in the criminal justice field has to vitalize to solve crime.

“There was no other place to talk about forensics and the opportunities in that field. That’s why I took the initiative to create this club. I knew a school like ACC would help me gain a sponsor and room to pursue my passion,” explained Vic Hernandez, senior and creator of the club.

The club has ten members, most of whom have never taken forensics and have little knowledge of it. Activities consist of watching episodes of Forensic Files, discussing true crimes, with the pathways students want to partake in, and being educated by the club leaders. Other members you can speak to about joining the club are seniors April Kettler and Jamie Bonner. 

Even for those not taking a career in forensics, students can expand their knowledge in the field even if they’re not sure if it’s the right path for them. This club is open to all students within Arlington Career Center, with the intent of exploring what is available to students who take forensics or are interested in the topic. 

All are welcome every Tuesday during Archers’ period in Ms. Monica’s room.