24 with ‘24: Sophia Lander
24 with '24
24 with ‘24: Sophia Lander
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 23, 2024

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll shine a spotlight...

Song of Daphne
Creative Writing
Song of Daphne
Heibein, Guest Reporter • April 22, 2024

What will you do, when he’s coming for you? Oh, Daphne. What will you do? He’s bright as the sun, nowhere to run. Oh, Daphne. What...

Career Profile: Jennifer Clark, Anthropologist at the Smithsonian
Career Exploration
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter • April 22, 2024

It was a bright sunny day in East Africa and Jennifer Clark was about to make one of her coolest discoveries yet: the skeleton of a fossil elephant...

Koibots Get Loud at District Championships
Clubs & Extras
Clara Golner, Staff Reporter • April 22, 2024

On Thursday, April 4, at 6 am, thirty-one ACC students and two adults boarded a bus to Petersburg, Virginia, for Chesapeake District Playoffs....

Career Profile: Cathy Pinskey, Director of Mason Facilities
Career Exploration
Maggie Odar, Lead Designer, Reporter, Editor, Social Media Manager • April 22, 2024

Pursuing a career in architecture can often feel like putting all your eggs in one basket. However, Cathy Pinskey shows that architecture is...

Criminal Justice Club

A DEI Initiative at ACC

The year 2023 became the year for new clubs to emerge, especially with the support of the DEI program. Arlington Tech Vic Hernandez is to thank for starting the Criminal Justice Club, a space meant for detective sleuths and future forensic investigators.

Vic took Ms. Cupero’s forensics class and has since let that interest flourish. Their love for the subject has fostered their need to create a community for other students to express the same passion for Criminal Justice. Criminal Justice, better known as the Forensics class taught here in ACC, includes various career paths within the Criminal Justice System. The class talks about significant crimes that have defined the field of forensics, in addition to demonstrating through hands-on

Vic Hernandez, Leader of Criminal Justice Club (Isa Chavez)learning each important role everyone in the criminal justice field has to vitalize to solve crime.

“There was no other place to talk about forensics and the opportunities in that field. That’s why I took the initiative to create this club. I knew a school like ACC would help me gain a sponsor and room to pursue my passion,” explained Vic Hernandez, senior and creator of the club.

The club has ten members, most of whom have never taken forensics and have little knowledge of it. Activities consist of watching episodes of Forensic Files, discussing true crimes, with the pathways students want to partake in, and being educated by the club leaders. Other members you can speak to about joining the club are seniors April Kettler and Jamie Bonner. 

Even for those not taking a career in forensics, students can expand their knowledge in the field even if they’re not sure if it’s the right path for them. This club is open to all students within Arlington Career Center, with the intent of exploring what is available to students who take forensics or are interested in the topic. 

All are welcome every Tuesday during Archers’ period in Ms. Monica’s room.