24 with ‘24: Sophia Lander
24 with '24
24 with ‘24: Sophia Lander
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 23, 2024

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll shine a spotlight...

Song of Daphne
Creative Writing
Song of Daphne
Heibein, Guest Reporter • April 22, 2024

What will you do, when he’s coming for you? Oh, Daphne. What will you do? He’s bright as the sun, nowhere to run. Oh, Daphne. What...

Career Profile: Jennifer Clark, Anthropologist at the Smithsonian
Career Exploration
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter • April 22, 2024

It was a bright sunny day in East Africa and Jennifer Clark was about to make one of her coolest discoveries yet: the skeleton of a fossil elephant...

Koibots Get Loud at District Championships
Clubs & Extras
Clara Golner, Staff Reporter • April 22, 2024

On Thursday, April 4, at 6 am, thirty-one ACC students and two adults boarded a bus to Petersburg, Virginia, for Chesapeake District Playoffs....

Career Profile: Cathy Pinskey, Director of Mason Facilities
Career Exploration
Maggie Odar, Lead Designer, Reporter, Editor, Social Media Manager • April 22, 2024

Pursuing a career in architecture can often feel like putting all your eggs in one basket. However, Cathy Pinskey shows that architecture is...

Winter Walk for Cancer

A PBL Scholars Service Project

On February 9, the PBL Scholars Club hosted the “Walk for Cancer: Winter Walk” with the help of their teacher sponsor, Dr. Miriam Thomas. Their goal? To raise $1,000 for cancer research at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Through the second quarter, PBL Scholars worked with Hopkins to learn about cancer as well as treatments currently being developed. PBL Scholar’s President, Chloe Blair, has this to say about the importance of the service project: “PBL Scholars decided to start this fundraiser because we’ve seen how easily cancer can affect anyone, and how it’s impacted our community. Johns Hopkins’s cancer research helps to save thousands of lives. So by donating and participating in the Winter Walk, you can help to continue that work.”

The event took place during Archers’ period on Friday, February 9. Archers’ classes met down in the Commons to sign in, started their time, and began the walk. Along the way, the classes encountered “obstacles” or activities students had to complete before moving on.

The weather was perfect, the school spirit was strong, and we met our fundraising goal, making our first Winter Walk a success.

Congratulations to the finalists!

Pizza Party Winner: Dr. Brad Rankin

Individual Winner: Ms. Sharon Solorzano

Archers’ Doughnut Party: Mr. Jordan Wright

About the Contributor
Emory Loughry
Emory Loughry, Staff Reporter
Emory is a sophomore at Arlington Tech, and this is her first year on the Career Center Chronicle. She is interested in pursuing the production of various media, whether that be videos, broadcast, or in the newspaper. In her free time, Emory enjoys reading, rowing, and hanging out with her friends.