24 With 24: Gonna Gudino
24 with '24
24 With '24: Gonna Gudino
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • May 14, 2024

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll shine a...

24 With 24: Diana Mendoza
24 with '24
24 With '24: Diana Mendoza

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll shine a spotlight...

24 With 24: Elmer Mendez-Garcia
24 with '24
24 With '24: Elmer Mendez-Garcia

24 with 24: Lynette Levine
24 with '24
24 with '24: Lynette Levine
Ilana Hoffer, Staff Reporter • May 14, 2024

Hot Off the Press: The Spring Print Edition
Chronicle Print Editions
Maggie Odar, Lead Designer, Reporter, Editor, Social Media Manager • May 5, 2024

Pick up your copy today, and enjoy!

Winter Walk for Cancer

A PBL Scholars Service Project

On February 9, the PBL Scholars Club hosted the “Walk for Cancer: Winter Walk” with the help of their teacher sponsor, Dr. Miriam Thomas. Their goal? To raise $1,000 for cancer research at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Through the second quarter, PBL Scholars worked with Hopkins to learn about cancer as well as treatments currently being developed. PBL Scholar’s President, Chloe Blair, has this to say about the importance of the service project: “PBL Scholars decided to start this fundraiser because we’ve seen how easily cancer can affect anyone, and how it’s impacted our community. Johns Hopkins’s cancer research helps to save thousands of lives. So by donating and participating in the Winter Walk, you can help to continue that work.”

The event took place during Archers’ period on Friday, February 9. Archers’ classes met down in the Commons to sign in, started their time, and began the walk. Along the way, the classes encountered “obstacles” or activities students had to complete before moving on.

The weather was perfect, the school spirit was strong, and we met our fundraising goal, making our first Winter Walk a success.

Congratulations to the finalists!

Pizza Party Winner: Dr. Brad Rankin

Individual Winner: Ms. Sharon Solorzano

Archers’ Doughnut Party: Mr. Jordan Wright

About the Contributor
Emory Loughry
Emory Loughry, Staff Reporter
Emory is a sophomore at Arlington Tech, and this is her first year on the Career Center Chronicle. She is interested in pursuing the production of various media, whether that be videos, broadcast, or in the newspaper. In her free time, Emory enjoys reading, rowing, and hanging out with her friends.