PBL Freshman Cornerstone Town Hall
Uncategorized
PBL Freshman Cornerstone Town Hall
Amna Abdelbagi, Staff Reporter • May 24, 2024

It's finally that time of the year, the Cornerstone Town Hall that everyone has been waiting for! After all the ninth graders' hard work, students...

Bites on the Pike: Lost Dog Café
Community & Beyond
Bites on the Pike: Lost Dog Café
Clara Golner and Ilana HofferMay 24, 2024

Within the first moments of walking inside, the smell of tasty Italian food fills your nose. You look around at the art on the walls, listen...

Bites on the Pike: Ididos Coffee
Community & Beyond
Bites on the Pike: Idido's Coffee
Amna Abdelbagi, Staff Reporter • May 20, 2024

Only five minutes away from ACC, Idido’s Coffee should definitely be on your next “to-go” list! Idido’s Coffee is a cafe designed for...

Bites on the Pike: Ryu Izakaya
Community & Beyond
Bites on the Pike: Ryu Izakaya
Clara Golner and Ilana HofferMay 20, 2024

Ryu Izakaya is a small restaurant camouflaged among the many on Columbia Pike, but it is truly a hidden gem. When you walk inside, you are immediately...

Street Advocate Club
Clubs & Extras
Street Advocate Club
Cody Finnegan, Clara Golner, and Bella WeslowMay 20, 2024

One of ACC’s newer clubs is the Street Advocates Student Coalition (SASC), started by junior Cody Finnegan. The SASC’s mission is “to bring...

Scholarly Solutions

Scholarly Solutions

The quarter is about to end in less than two weeks and people are already starting to see grades from their teachers. You can already see the summative and formative assessments piling on. The end of the quarter is the time when most kids start stressing even more than usual. If you need some advice about school, listen up, because here are three:

• Use an agenda. This might sound basic but you will be grateful when you need to keep track of everything that you need to do. It can help to know when due dates are and how much work you have to do each day. Having an agenda has helped me and so many others manage responsibilities.
  • Don’t worry if you fail one quiz or assignment. One grade doesn’t define your whole success–success comes in all shapes and forms. It’s more important to learn what you’ve done wrong.
  • Take advantage of the new policy for summative retakes because they’re a big part of grades. I have taken most retakes in math, but remember all of the classes offer chances for improvement. Taking advantage of these opportunities would help you be proud of your grade before Quarter 1 ends.
About the Contributor
Cobi Kromash
Cobi Kromash, Staff Reporter
Cobi Kromash is a junior at Arlington Tech, dedicated to ASL and the Early Childhood program. He has gathered many different tips and tricks in his academic toolbox over the years and contributes to a regular column on school success.