24 with ‘24: Laila Hailey
24 with '24
24 with ‘24: Laila Hailey
Zack Dabrowski, Staff Reporter • April 30, 2024

24 with ’24 is a Chronicle series where we ask 24 questions to a member of the class of ’24. Between now and June, we’ll shine a spotlight...

Mystery Revealed: Techs Valedictorian
School News
Mystery Revealed: Tech's Valedictorian
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 26, 2024

With fewer than 50 days to graduation, everyone’s wondering who Arlington Tech’s valedictorian is, the person with the highest grade point...

The Artificial God
Creative Writing
The Artificial God
Hetty Fontaine, Guest Reporter • April 26, 2024

You have created a god Summoned by a ritual of your own design With bones of ancients And oils cracked It rises It shall remain...

24 with ‘24: Tadashi Dodge
24 with '24
24 with ‘24: Tadashi Dodge
Lydia Blackwell, Staff Reporter • April 24, 2024

The Equity Team
DEI at ACC
The Equity Team
Isabella Chavez, Guest Reporter • April 24, 2024

At Arlington Career Center, teachers and students are able to work with one another to create numerous clubs and programs in order to diversify...

Sign Up for ASL Club

Logo designed by Violet Moore, ASL Club Alum

Is it time for you to discover a language that allows you to communicate with 15% of the adult US population? American Sign Language, ASL, is a non-verbal gesture and an area-oriented language primarily used by people who are hard of hearing, deaf, and in mute communities. Even if you don’t take the ASL classes offered here at ACC, you should consider joining the ASL Club.

There are many good reasons to join the club. One reason is that ASL is easy and fun to learn. Also, you will learn a new language for free, and hang out with friends and peers. ASL Club is the place to be. You don’t have to know any ASL. All you need to do is show up, and they’ll teach you!

The ACC ASL Club was founded a few years ago and is now being led by Cobi Kromash, a junior who takes the ASL Dual Enrollment class. The top two reasons for learning ASL that the club advertises are that it’s: 1. fun to have an “almost” secret code; and 2. learning a new language. Maddie Burrows, the ASL club secretary, said something really cool about ASL in movie situations: “All those scenes where the person doesn’t let the victim talk could be easily solved with ASL.”

The club has a challenge for anyone interested in joining it. The challenge is to start with the alphabet: 26 simple signs. Later, you can work on other signs which you can learn in the ASL club.

If you’re still not 100% sold on joining the club, here’s an extra incentive: The club is planning a possible field trip sometime at the end of the year.

Sign up for the club on this Google Form and contact [email protected] with any questions. The club meetings are twice a week during Archers on Tuesdays and Thursdays with Mr. Khutoryan or Ms. Bilodeau. Come when you can!

Edits made with the help of ASL President and staff reporter, Cobi Kromash on 11/3.

About the Contributor
Eimi Tuttle
Eimi Tuttle, Staff Reporter, Lead Editor
Eimi, pronounced Amy, is a sophomore at Arlington Tech. She enjoys reading and writing, and in her free time she plays Dungeons & Dragons with her friends. In the future, she hopes to become an editor for kids books.